Use Edit Mode. To open it for a specific building, just tap and hold that building, rotating or relocating it by tapping an empty spot in your town.
If you want to swap several buildings around or add more roads and pavement, you'll need the town Edit Mode. To open it, tap the blue icon with arrows on the left of the screen.
At level 10, you get access to temporary storage, which makes it easier to partially or completely redesign your town. Tap the box icon in Edit mode to use it.
- Tap a building and then the arrow icon that appears below to move the building to temporary storage.
- If you want to move all the buildings of one type to temporary storage at once, tap the blue button in the upper-left corner of the screen in any of the storage categories.
- Use Erase Mode to move several different buildings to temporary storage. Move buildings and decorations just by tapping them. The Erase Mode button is in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Drag buildings from temporary storage to place them back in your town.
- You can only save changes once you've put all the buildings back in your town, leaving just decorations in your temporary storage. The only exception is the town sign—it has to be set along with all the buildings before the changes can be saved.